points - Details)
The convenience of slow cooking meets your favorite keto flavors.
People who’ve turned to the ketogenic diet often have tremendous success losing weight. But in order to keep losing weight―and avoid putting it back on―you need to have a long-term commitment to the diet. Easy Ketogenic Diet Slow Cooking shows you how to combine simple keto-compliant ingredients in scrumptious slow cooking recipes to create a weight loss regimen you’ll be happy to follow.
This is the first slow cooker cookbook specifically for the ketogenic diet―and it brings you delicious recipes that require no fancy ingredients. So you can enjoy familiar flavors, affordable meals, and the hands-off convenience of slow cooking.
Easy Ketogenic Diet Slow Cooking includes:
- 120 ketogenic diet compliant recipes―Stay true to your weight loss guidelines and savor substitution tips.
- Simple, affordable meals―Recipes use easy-to-find ingredients to create meals you already know and love.
- “Fix-and-Forget” convenience―Easy prep, effortless cooking―these slow cooking recipes practically do the work for you.
Nothing feels better than losing weight and keeping it off. It’s time to give your ketogenic diet the slow cooking advantage.
From the Publisher
FROM THE BOOK: Savory Stuffed Peppers
Serves 4 / Prep time: 25 minutes / Cook time: 6 hours on low
Keto quotient: Low.
There is something charming about stuffed vegetables, and this is an efficient method of combining ingredients in a handy, neat package. The stuffing ingredients are a guideline rather than a strict list of what you must use in the dish. Try different ground meats, chopped vegetables, nuts, and herbs to create spectacular variations. Serve this entrée with a high-fat side dish to balance the keto macros.
1. Lightly grease the insert of the slow cooker with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the beef and sauté until it is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower, tomato, onion, garlic, oregano, and basil. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Spoon the meat mixture into the green peppers and top with the cheese.
5. Place the peppers in the slow cooker and add the broth to the bottom.
6. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
7. Serve warm.
Other vegetables can be used as the container for this savory filling if you are not a fan of peppers. You can also hollow out zucchini or acorn squash instead. You might have to adjust the cooking time to 8 hours or more to make up for the added vegetable size.
Macronutrients: 65% Fat, 28% Protein, 7% Carbs Per serving.
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 pound ground beef
½ cup finely chopped cauliflower
1 tomato, diced
½ sweet onion, chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
4 green bell peppers, tops cut off and seeded
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
½ cup chicken broth